Springy Feet Pty Ltd ACN 614 620 549 of East Fremantle, Western Australia "we", are committed to protecting the privacy of customers' personal information. We take all reasonable steps to follow practices and procedures that ensure we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and any privacy code applying to us.
1. WHY WE NEED TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), 'personal information' means "information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable". The information/ opinion does not have to be recorded in writing or be true.
We collect personal information from customers so that we can:
- provide online shopping services;
- make style and size recommendations;
- review, assess and improve our products and services;
- market our products and services; and
- offer a customer loyalty program.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information directly from you when you: create an online shopping account; sign up for the customer loyalty program; join our newsletter or upload images, fill in a form, or survey on www.springyfeet.com.au or make a purchase from us.
3. THE KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect:
- your name, age and email address;
- your billing and shipping addresses;
- your account log-in details (including password);
- information about your purchases (including sizes and colours ordered);
- information about your feet and relevant health issues that may pertain to your feet;
- images (of you or otherwise) that are uploaded to our facebook page, website or another of our social media channels and electronic newsletters that we distribute.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHO WE DISCLOSE IT TO
We use your personal information to:
- provide our services to you (including our online shopping);
- make style and size recommendations to you;
- respond to any enquiries or complaints you may make;
- review, assess and improve our products and services;
- research and develop new products; and
- carry out direct marketing and social media marketing activities (including posting); and
- help us analyse and predict consumer behaviour (but only where the information is aggregated and anonymous)
MARKETING CONSENT, CUSTOMER LOYALTY AND OPT OUT
By agreeing to our website terms and conditions you are consenting to us using your personal information for direct marketing and social media marketing. At any time, you can request us to stop sending you marketing communications. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org Similarly just email us at email@example.com if you do not wish to participate in our customer loyalty program.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
(a) a company that is "related "to us under the Corporations Act 2001(Cth) (but only for one of the purposes listed at the beginning of this section 4);
(b) third parties we engage to help us provide our products and services , or to improve them (e.g. website designers and technical support providers);
(c) third parties that provide us with marketing and advertising services (e.g. providers of electronic mail out services);
(d) selected third parties who have agreed to work with us to make a joint product/ service offering to you, and who are under strict contractual obligations to treat your personal information confidentially); and
(e) a third party that is taking over the assets or operations of one or both of us.
CONSENT TO DISCLOSURES
By agreeing to our website terms and conditions, you are consenting to us making the disclosures in (a)-(e) above. Without your consent to these disclosures of your personal information, we will unfortunately be unable to provide you with our online services.
DISCLOSURE OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
5. HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access and correct the personal information we hold about you in two ways:
- if you have a Springy Feet Loyalty account, by logging into to your Springy Feet Loyalty account; or
- by contacting us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning +61 8 404877006 and requesting that we give you access and/ or make a correction.
We will respond to requests for access to/ correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
If it's reasonable and practicable to do so, we will give access to the information in the manner you request. However, we may not give you access if we are not obliged to under the APPs.
If you request us to correct personal information we hold about you, we will take reasonable steps to make the correction so that, taking into account the purpose for which we hold the personal information, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we make a correction to personal information about you and before making the correction we had disclosed the information to another entity that is covered by the APPs; and you request us to notify the other entity of the correction, we will take reasonable steps to give that notification, unless it is impracticable or unlawful for us to do it.
If we refuse to:
- allow you access to the personal information we hold about you; or
- give access in the manner you request; or
- correct personal information about you as you request, we will write to you explaining at least:
- the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable for us to give them); and
- how you can complain about the refusal.
If we refuse to correct personal information as requested by you, you may request us to associate with the information a statement that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. We will then take reasonable steps to associate the statement with the information in a way that makes the statement apparent to users of the information.
6. HOW TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR TREATMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can complain about a breach by us of the APPs or a registered privacy code, by emailing email@example.com or telephoning: +61 8 404877006. Initially your complaint will be handled by our Customer Service Team, in accordance with established protocols for the particular type of complaint. If no handling protocol exists for your complaint, it will be referred to the relevant general manager for follow-up.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from: misuse, interference and loss; and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We make every effort to follow industry standard security measures for personal information under our control. Only authorised staff and consultants have access (on a restricted basis) to the personal information we collect.
When registering for the customer loyalty program on www.springyfeet.com.au you will receive account details including a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and other account details. You are also fully responsible for all activities that occur on your account or involve the use of your password.
8. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T PROVIDE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE REQUEST
If you do not provide personal information as requested by us we may not be able to respond to an enquiry or provide some or all of our online services.
9. DESTRUCTION AND DE-IDENTIFICATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if: we no longer need to use or disclose the information in any of the ways we are entitled to use or disclose it under the APPs; and we are not legally required to keep the information.
10. OTHER MATTERS
If we receive unsolicited personal information about you, which we would not have been entitled to collect under the APPs, we will destroy or de-identify that information if it is lawful and reasonable for us to do so.
Web pages on www.springyfeet.com.au may use 'cookies'. These are small files that are placed on your hard disk for data-collection purposes. Like an IP address, a cookie helps a website remember who you are. Cookies can make your subsequent visits to a website more seamless. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, by not accepting cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
Wow. Thanks for reading this page through to the end.